PORT INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITIES
Download a presentation on port infrastructure facilities
Port warehouses are an important element of the port economy. They are designed to store goods, protect them from damage and prepare them for further movement. River and sea ports are major transport hubs for the transshipment of various cargoes from one type of transport to another; their operational activities have a negative impact on the atmospheric air, soil, and water area of the port. This influence is most noticeable due to dusting during the storage of bulk cargo in open warehouses. Intense dusting during open storage leads to irrecoverable loss of cargo, while the dust settles on the territory of the port and adjacent areas, having a negative impact on both the environment and humans.
In ports and logistics complexes that require the transshipment of bulk cargo, such as cement, coal, sand, mineral fertilizers, grain, and others, our technology for the construction of prefabricated wide-span awning warehouses using modern composite materials is the most optimal. It allows you to cover large areas in a short time, and for the construction of such warehouses and shelters, it is not required to obtain a building permit, regardless of their size, since by all characteristics they belong to non-capital buildings.
Advantages of frame-tent structures:
1. The ability to quickly overlap any areas with minimal construction materials costs. If you need a quick construction of a tent or a temporary storage warehouse, then awning enclosing structures is the fastest way of construction. For example, the installation of one layer of the awning on a finished metal frame for a warehouse with an area of 10 thousand square meters. can be done in just a week. The width of one span of the structure can reach 99 meters.
2. Construction of buildings and structures using frame-tent technology does not require deep foundations, which speeds up and reduces the cost of the construction process.
3. Regardless of the area, the dismountable frame structure meets all the criteria for a non-capital structure. Due to this, such buildings and structures do not need to obtain a building permit, which significantly saves time (up to six months). At the same time, when designing and building, we comply with all safety standards following article 384 of the Russian federal law.
4. Long service life: the confirmed service life of high-quality tent enclosing structures is 25 years, for the frame structures made of metal it is more than 50 years. Such structures, being formally non-capital, in terms of operational characteristics may not be inferior to capital ones.
Another advantage of frame-tent technology is that this type of structure is resistant to aggressive environments. Seawater is a natural solution, which occupies one of the first places in terms of the aggressiveness of impact on reinforced concrete, metals, and many other building materials. With strong winds which are typical for sea coasts, aggressive impact leads to the rapid appearance of corrosion and erosion damage.
High-quality awning structures are highly resistant to aggressive environments, do not interact with chemical elements, and last longer than other enclosing structures. "Avrial" Group has extensive experience in the construction of buildings and structures, which require increased protection against the effects of various aggressive environments. Depending on the specifics of the warehouse or shelter, the appropriate type of awning is going to be selected, resistant not only to stretching and ultraviolet light but also to the effects of those materials that will be stored inside.
Particular attention is paid to the protection of structures from an aggressive environment. It is important to take all possible measures aimed at increasing the quality service life of metal structures, such as:
- Selection of the most wear-resistant materials, shapes, connecting elements, which are resistant to the effects of an aggressive environment.
- Selection of optimal protective coatings and clear planning of the timing of their application.
- Carrying out work aimed at reducing loads and risks of corrosion due to incorrect operation.
At the very stage of designing structures, it is necessary to minimize or completely eliminate the number of inaccessible places in which moisture can accumulate, provoking the appearance of foci of local corrosion. All structural elements are carefully manufactured as they must have a flat surface without defects (dents, chips, burrs), rounded sharp edges, cleaned and processed cut edges, high-quality welded seams, joints without distortions, gaps, and so on. The structures must contain auxiliary elements (bridges and galleries) designed to inspect the state of the metal and restore protective coatings. Experts of the Avrial Group of Companies, in the process of developing each individual solution for the construction of warehouses and structures under operating conditions in aggressive environments, provide for all the nuances and requirements following building codes.
The company also has experience in the construction of port warehouses in conjunction with technological equipment (conveyor galleries, elevators, overpasses, etc.), which allow to quickly unload products from railway cars and vehicles, and load them into sea transport.